Bad Faith Insurance
Columbus Car and Truck Accident Victims Need a Compassionate Lawyer When the Insurance Companies Are Causing Trouble
The insurance company is obligated to handle your claim with a reasonable degree of efficiency and ethical conduct if you are injured or if you sustain property damage. We know how frustrating it can be when insurance companies fail to hold up their end of the deal. You probably have paid thousands of dollars for your insurance policy. It's wrong when the insurance company does not honor its obligation to cover you or a loved one.
If you are a victim of this type of insurance company action - known as "bad faith insurance" - you may be eligible for damages, or compensation. Insurance companies have a duty to deal fairly with their customers. Unfortunately, these big companies sometimes put profits before people and fail to treat their policyholders fairly.
At the Smith Law Office, you can find help. If you are looking for a bad faith insurance lawyer in Columbus, contact us today. We are prepared to fight for the claim you deserve. Attorney Scott Smith is not afraid to take on insurance companies acting in bad faith.
Taking a Stand Against Insurance Companies That Act in Bad Faith
A bad faith insurance claim in Ohio might be initiated by any of the following circumstances:
- An unreasonably low offer to compensate for damages
- Ambiguous wording in the policy
- Denial or delay of a claim without reason
- Delay in payment while waiting on a settlement with a third-party insurer
- Refusing a settlement offer and then losing in court for an amount larger than is provided for in the policy
- Intentional fraud or deception
- Failure to investigate or perform due diligence
- Failure to act within a reasonable time
Don't Let The Insurance Company Treat You Unfairly. Take Action Today!
Contact the Smith Law Office, right now if you or a loved one has been a victim of an unscrupulous insurance company. An accident attorney will assist you or your loved one. Remember, you don't pay us any fees unless we get money for you. Call 800-930-7268 today for your free personal injury consultation.