Motor vehicle collisions caused by commercial truck drivers are very different from car accidents for a multitude of reasons. I’m sure you are asking-“But why are truck accidents so unique”? I know the challenges that you and your family face as injury victims in a collision with a Truck.
Commercial truck collisions are different from a car on car collision for the following reasons:
- The Weight – A fully-loaded tractor trailer can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds whereas cars only weigh 4,000 pounds. The force a truck generates when crashing into a smaller vehicle can be devastating.
- The Size – Large, commercial trucks like tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers can be more than 50 to 80 feet long. Large trucks also often cause multi-vehicle accidents since they come into contact with several other vehicles during a collision.
- The Parties – Truck collisions involve more than just the truck driver. Most truck drivers work for trucking companies. The company that loaded the truck plays a part in blame for the crash. Each company fights differently in a legal scenario.
- The Time –Tractor-trailers and commercial trucks are so big and weigh so much they need more time to stop and avoid a collision. As a result, the damage is much greater.
For more information or a consultation please reach out to me at sestriallaw.com. Get Scott Smith, Get Justice!
How can an experienced truck accident lawyer help you after your crash?
There are so many different ways a truck accident lawyer can help you after your collision. Some of the different ways include:
- Deal directly with the trucking company on your behalf.
- Demand to see evidence from the trucking company, including the so-called “black box” recorder data, which includes the speed the truck was traveling at the time of the collision, when the truck last stopped, how long the truck driver had been on the road without a break, etc.
- Negotiate with the trucking company’s insurance company.
- File a truck accident lawsuit if necessary.
- Represent you in all court hearings related to your truck accident.
To learn more about how an attorney can assist you with your truck accident, contact Smith Law Office and schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Columbus truck accident lawyer at our firm.